Basic Legal Research: Tools and Strategies, Sixth Edition
This best-selling coursebook on legal research is known for its clear, step-by-step instruction in the basics. Using a building-block approach, Basic Legal Research: Tools and Strategies, Sixth Edition breaks material into discrete, readily comprehensible parts. Self-contained chapters on sources make the book flexible for any type of legal research course. Useful pedagogy throughout the text includes end-of-chapter checklists, clear examples, and summary charts. Helpful sample pages and examples of research sources guide students through the presentation, and an accompanying workbook provides exercises to test comprehension.
Key Features of the Sixth Edition:
- Clear, step-by-step instruction covering the basics of legal research
- A building-block approach that breaks the material into discrete and comprehensible parts
- Self-contained chapters on research sources that make the book adaptable to any type of legal research course
- End-of-chapter checklists, numerous examples, and summary charts that aid in understanding, retention, and review
- Updated sample pages, screen shots, and references to research sources
- Completely revised material throughout, providing thorough instruction in the features and use of the main research platforms. Its updated coverage includes WestlawNext, Lexis Advance, and Bloomberg Law.
Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
New York, NY
legal writing, legal education
Law | Legal Education | Legal Writing and Research
Sloan, Amy E., "Basic Legal Research: Tools and Strategies, Sixth Edition" (2015). Books. 66.