- a. The Rule of Law is at the heart of the present legal reform.
- b. There is an international consensus about basic elements of the Rule of Law.
- c. Legal methods are central to the Rule of Law. But different legal methods are used to realize the Rule of Law.
- d. Teaching legal methods, i.e., teaching to think like a lawyer, is at the heart of that which is professional in legal education.
- e. The present legal reform invites Japanese law schools to teach legal methods.
The Rule of Law in the Reform of Legal Education: Teaching the Legal Mind in Japanese Law Schools, 25 Kansai Univ. Rev. L. & Politics 63 (2004)